- New job is going well. The work I do makes me happy and I like the people.
- T~ got a job offer and will be joining me next week!
- Temporary housing has been tough and a blessing. There was a lot to finangle before my move to get things set up for my new job and finding a place to live. I also had to rush to do some pre-packing before hitting the road. Although, my tetrising skills came in handy with fitting most of what I needed for two months in my car. The rest was brought with strategic flights with checked baggage. My wedding dress came with me in one of my bags for carry on luggage! I had thoughts of Ben Stiller trying to hug his bag and not gate check it like in the movie, Meet the Patents. I also do not like feeling unsettled with so much up in the air. But, I am rolling with it and floating along. However, living in temporary housing gives me pause from moving to focus on my new job without having to settle into a new home. Cooking and cleaning are a minimum with a small space. The commute is short. It was planned and I just keep telling myself it will all fall into place.
- T~ and I planned two trips to see each other while being apart during the transition. He came to visit me for a long weekend. We went to a gaming convention for a day and spent time by the pool. I went back to Florida for a weekend and got to go with him to his farewell party hosted by his co-workers. It is easy to take for granted the time apart as another thing on a checklist and chalk it up to it will all be alright. But, spending time together is so important, to feel each other's touch and hear each other laugh and to talk. Intimacy is a delicate thing to nurture.
- With me being in Ohio and T~ being in Florida, I have taken advantage of visiting with my family and friends. I am grateful to have this time with them and just hang out. There is no rush of holidays or the feeling of trying to cram it all into one visit. We cooked out on the grill, ate outside and made smores. Went to Cleveland to go to the flea market, the Westside Market and some local restaurants. Flipped through some family photos and sorting through things from my childhood. To just be is wonderful.
- Got to see my brother on my original drive up to Ohio. He lives in North Carolina, so it was a good stopping point. Glad to spend some time with him and hope I can plan another trip soon. The weather will be great for biking.
- Wedding stuff is plugging along. Invitations got lost in the mail. Have to now pick them up from my parents' house. T~ picked out his tuxedo and for the groomsmen. Bridesmaids are nearly done getting their dresses. My sister fell off her bike, broke her collarbone and had surgery. So, that put a delay in shopping. But, more importantly she is doing better and will have full movement in her arm. Rings should be ready soon. T~ is hoping to take them with him before he leaves Orlando.
- T~ and I will camp out in our new apartment until the rest of our stuff arrives. Yay for making deals with it being the off season for moving!
That kind of wraps things up. A sprinkling of things to remember the summer before it becomes a blur. Cannot wait for T~ to come home!