Monday, May 15, 2017

Spring in Fast Forward

Wow!  Where did April go, let alone half of May?!?

Tal and I have been busy working on the house.  We have our living room, dining room and kitchen painted.  The colors are a robin's egg blue, a storm deep blue and a terracotta orange throughout the spaces.  The first floor has come together nicely.  Our bedroom has a duvet cover that continues with the color theme, and the main bathroom flows with the color palette.  It makes me feel happy and more settled in our home.

Plus, we have enjoyed family and friends coming to visit with us.  A house feels more like a home with people in it.  It has been a pleasure hosting our loved ones.  Hope the trend continues through the summer with warm weather.

Next, we are shifting our attention to the outside.  We spent one weekend ripping up a bed of ivy.  Then we took to two spots that once had dead trees and filled up the soil to plant grass.  Most of what we are doing to the yard is in preparation to start new.  Someday we would like a garden.  Just have to work on getting all of the overgrowth cleared.

As for the late spring and summer, I have lots of travel plans.  One of the trips is a conference for work and most of the others are to visit family and friends.  I should have travel plans each month for the next six months!  But, the end of the travel blitz will be to celebrate my 40th birthday in Key West.  I'm so excited for that trip!

Life has been pretty good.

Microblog Mondays

6 comments:

  1. What a calming, contented post. Manifesting your vision in your home and yard, and then exploring the world and celebrating a turn around the sun. I suspect it it all a bit bittersweet, with lots of sweet coming through (and you noticing it.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very insightful observations! You are correct. Life has been good and it is important to recognize that, to be grateful. As I approach 40, I'm kind of trying to fill it up with lots to look forward to doing, seeing and experiencing. Trying to keep it positive and light and make the most of it.

      Delete
  2. Key West! That is a fun way to ring in a new decade.

    I'm glad the house is coming together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!! I've always wanted to go to Key West and figured a special birthday was a good reason to do so. :)

      And we are very happy in our house, too. :)

      Delete
  3. I love this post! Oh, ripping up ivy. A pain, but also weirdly satisfying. I ripped up a whole bed of pachysandra at this house, and getting a long ribbon of it up was sort of fun. I love the colors you've chosen for your house! And Key West for your 40th birthday? Great choice. So glad life is good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I may need to post a couple of pictures. Next we want to figure out where to hang up our photos and artwork.

      Wish I had your gardening talent. I'd prefer to keep it simple. The weeds come back so fast!

      Delete