Monday, March 22, 2010

The Beginning

Here it goes...my very first entry.

I have been thinking a lot about how I wanted to start my blog. I almost feel like the first entry will be setting the tone or establishing expectations of what is to come. It seems like taking a bold step in deciding how I want to define myself at this moment in time. I feel a little scared and nervous about sharing some of my personal thoughts, feelings, and experiences. I feel vulnerable. And I have put off starting my blog because I have been very protective of myself due to all that has happened in my life, especially in the past three years. I don't want certain things to define me or to be judged about them. But these events have significance and should not be glossed over. I know I am being vague, but I am just trying to make that leap. I am not exactly sure where to start, what to tell first.


The best way to describe entering this blogging adventure is that it is like being on a roller coaster ride just as you are leaving the bay. I feel like I am slowly clicking up that first hill with all of those mixed feelings of anticipation. This could go really badly or it could be great and freeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment