Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Riverside Run--10K


Woohoo!!! I ran my first 10K race on Saturday and it was great! I love the sense of accomplishment after finishing a race and just feeling like you can do anything. It was a beautiful day with the sun shining and a bit of chill in the air. It was a great run along the river in downtown Pittsburgh and then along a running trail around some of the new urban living. I crossed the finish line just around 57 minutes, so that was a 9.5 minute mile pace. I am very proud of that pace, as I am continuing to train for the half-marathon, as part of the city's marathon in May.

And I have to say that I was able to share in this race experience with someone I met a few weeks ago, even though I had already planned on running in it. Actually, I met him on an airplane on my way back from Atlanta when I was visiting some very dear friends (One of those friends refers to him as Striker--as in the character from the movie Airplane.). He is really sweet and makes me laugh! I enjoy talking with him and feel like he really listens, good flow in our conversations. I guess I am hesitant to share more about him because I don't want to jinx it! But as far as the race goes, I really enjoyed running with him. Our runs in the park have been at a fairly casual pace, but he wanted to run at a faster pace for the race. It was a good push and I had a lot of fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment